Sunday, May 31, 2009

All Washed Out!

I got all the color runs washed out today, and I am very happy with the results. It was good practice, a good refresher course in how some of the single shade dyes behave, and good practice with some different LWI methodologies. And, I am very happy with how the new Robert Kaufman Kona muslin dyes up. I am so glad to have a high thread count fabric that I can get locally!

I now have lots of different greens and violets!







I'm especially happy with how the violets came out- they are violet, not fuschia or light red overlaid on blue. The texture on these is very subtle, kind of like a Moda marble. The greens have more definitive texture and color variations.

Now to get these in my sample and record book, and write up the information that is percolating in my head.

No comments: