Friday, July 24, 2009

Lovely Lavender and Other Natural Delights

Shannon and I took a drive down to Mona to visit the Young Living Lavender Farm this morning. It's only about fifteen miles south of us- but as close as it is, we'd never been there.

We were a little late in the season- the big lavender celebration is in early July, and corresponds with the peak of the lavender harvest. But we had a good time wandering around their lovely garden area, and then checking out the one lavender field that still hasn't been harvested.

The gardens were great- cool, green, and lots of different flowers and herbs.







I also had fun playing with my camera, taking closeups of the flowers. This is only a few of the many I took.









Across the street, the lavender fields against the mountains and sky was gorgeous.



We headed back home via the highway instead of I-15, and made a stop at the Red Barn. They had produce and other goodies- we came home with farm-fresh eggs and a bag of cherries. And, we enjoyed some ice cream. The barn is surrounded by cherry orchards, so I had to get a picture of them!



That tree is loaded!



Can I just say I am loving my Pentax? I was expecting to be intimidated by a DSLR after using a point and shoot for so many years. In fact, the opposite has been true. The camera has a simple interface, clean and clear menus- I am just loving it. Next week, I'm taking a three hour class from a camera professional, so hopefully I'll learn even more about the ins and outs. If you are thinking of making the jump, I'd highly recommend it!


1 comment:

Sue Reno said...

Great photos, beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing.