Friday, July 10, 2009

Sizzlin'!!

That would be the easiest way to describe the weather today- HOT! Our cloudy, wet, coolish early summer weather is definitely over.

Once we got the mundane chores done, I was back in the studio, dyeing some clothing blanks I got from Dharma. One is just a tee, but the other is a lightweight rayon kimono jacket. It will be great to wear in hot weather over a tank. I'm going for some lighter, pastel shades.

I also dyed three different PFD cottons- I wanted to see what differences there would be. I used the Hoffman Bali PFD I just got, Pimatex from Dharma, and the Kona muslin I have been using from Joann's. While there were differences, they were pretty minor. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post a picture!

Not having a camera is driving me crazy. My new one is on its way- as of noon yesterday, it had left Hopkins, IL. Nothing else has been posted on the tracking data since. Hopefully it is in Colorado someplace? Or Nebraska? I should have it by Tuesday, not soon enough for me.

Sigh-- maybe I'll just get Shannon to take some pictures with her camera tomorrow.

It's late, I'm off to bed.

No comments: