Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Tie Dye!!

Well, it's not exactly tie dye, but it definitely is NOT level, solid shade dyeing. I bought a package of onesies, and was up early this morning seeing how they take the dye.

I did three of them in an Ann Johnston color parfait.



And I'm doing another one in Arashi shibori- now that I have Mandy Southan's book, I can figure out how to do some of the tying and clamping resists.



Can't wait to see how this one turns out- hopefully it is a pretty pale lavender. I also used dental floss for the first time to do the tying, so that should give me nice skinny lines. I'm not batching these overnight, think I will be washing them out this afternoon. And if the color parfait turns out to have a lot of mud on it- hey, that would mean any poop stains wouldn't show!

I'm also doing some samples to help me figure out exactly how I'm going to mix the dyes for my workshop in Grand Junction in August. I'm about to the point where I'm going to develop my own recipes for LWI dyeing, so this will just help with that process.

Now I'm off to finish sewing the baby bumpers. Later!

No comments: