Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Reveals, and a Book Review

The reveals for April's Interpret This! challenge started Monday, and there is some amazing work posted already.  If you haven't already, head over to the blog and have a look.  Mine goes up tomorrow morning.

I've gone on a mini-book buying binge the last couple of weeks.  Now that I have a lot more dyeing experience under my belt, I decided  I wanted to look again at Adriene Buffington's book.  I found it cheap from a seller on Amazon, and got it Monday.  I'm also waiting impatiently for Linda Johansen's Fabric Dyer's Dictionary, along with Malka Dubrowsky's book on dyeing.

 I was in Barnes and Noble Sunday, and spotted Traci Bunkers' Print and Stamp Lab.  She has 52 ideas for stamps and stencils using items you have at home, or repurposed, inexpensive items.  She has some fabulous ideas, including how to make your own roller stamps!  If you like to print your own fabric, this book is a wonderful resource.  I can't wait to start playing with it.

Back tomorrow with my Interpret This! reveal!

2 comments:

Quilt or Dye said...

Thanks for the book tips! I will check them out.

Judy said...

I am in class this week, and one of the books that a classmate reviewed was the Print book. I just love it and can't wait to get my own copy!
Can't wait to see your reveal piece!

xo