Saturday, April 03, 2010

Two Challenges This Month,

so I started working on one yesterday.  I actually got it to the point of sandwiching when I decided it was just too boring and predictable.  I think I will go ahead and quilt it, since I can experiment with threads and maybe a programmed stitch.  But I've already been printing some of my handdyes this morning, since I decided one of the things that made the first piece boring was my use of plain handdyes.  We'll see.

We have our first 'outdoor' photo this month, one Nellie took in the Tetons.  I'm not in a panic like I was with March's photo- and don't know if that's a good thing or not.  Here it is--


I am still staring at it, and I think I will make a viewer to try to find an area that interests me.  I'm sure hoping I can make this one play to my strengths!

I'm going down to heat set the prints I made earlier- maybe some pictures tonight.  It is cold, gray, and cloudy outside, so playing in the studio sounds good. 

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

I've been in love with this photos for years. I knew it would make a wonderful piece of art. Turns out it the hard part is the obvious solutions that would make a pretty picture are too easy. I'm struggling right along with you.