Twelve by Twelve
I can now show the twelve by twelve piece I completed for the theme Green. This is the one I actually did two iterations of, since I wasn't happy with the composition of the first.
I wanted to use a fabric I'd dyed, discharged, and screen printed with an image of the wind farm that is close to my home. It started out as a 'butt ugly' fabric I took to the workshop with Rayna Gillman a year ago- and it became a raving beauty after that week! I grabbed other hand dyes from my stash, and completed this--
I liked how the colors played together, but the piecing was just so- predictable. And I wasn't entirely happy with the programmed stitch, it was a bit tighter than I'd envisioned.
So I looked at my stash again, and decided to add some printing to some fabrics. I also eliminated some, and chose others. Here's the second version-
I do miss how the dark green adds a nice border to the piece, but overall, I prefer this version. I like the repetition of the windmill image, and the programmed stitch looks better stretched out.
I have my Interpret This! piece photographed and ready to post. It feels good to have that one done as well!