Friday, January 25, 2008

Finito!!

I did the last bit of stitching and sewed a faced edge finish on this month's TIF challenge. Feels good to have it done early, now I can spend the rest of the weekend working on my tree. Got to get that done so I can finish that quilt by April!!

I'm happy with the way this one turned out. The stitching adds a lot of texture, and the colors play well together. And, as usual, there was learning in it all. Little skinny bits don't adhere well when you fuse them to already quilted fabric, so I needed to stitch them down.

Enough, though, here it is--



And a detail---



Comments and critiques welcomed!!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

it turned out great!

Karoda said...

yes it did turn out great! i finally got a handle on mine...i was just over working the 2 choices that Sharon provided. once i said to myself..."what does it matter...just go for it", i was okay with the colour palette.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I love this. The combination of hand and machine stitching is so pretty, and the piece just flows. What a nice intrepretation of the colors.

Gayle said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The quilting makes it sing. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the way the skinny pieces cross over the stitching lines, and then are stitched in new lines. Nice work!

Kim said...

Well done! I like the combination of stitches and how you finished the piece.

coral-seas said...

I really like this. The machine quilting creates movement as well as texture and I like the contrast of the hand stitching used on the strips. I probably would have done something more like the flower design, which I really liked also, but I think this is a more interesting composition.

Well done, CA

Lyric said...

hmmmm. The quilted lines in the white area create such strong shadows and movement that they are the first things I see. Nice work!