Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tree, Part 3-- and more Winter Wonderland

We've had snow almost every day this week. I am so glad our snow removal is taken care of by the HOA, I think this is the most snow we have seen in a winter since we moved here! I couldn't resist taking this shot when I got home from work tonight.




I played around with the painted WonderUnder, first cutting out a shape and fusing it to my paint sample on the batting. It worked, although I learned to let it cool for several minutes before removing the paper from the fusible. If you don't, it tends to take more of the paint with it than I wanted. It really does get all wrinkly as it dries, making the texture even more interesting.




So tonight I cut out a bunch of curvy shapes, and fused them to the tree. Here they are all fused down. I think I rather like the effect!




And here it is with the cheesecloth laid over it. That will be my next step, fusing wrinkly cheesecloth down and free motion stitching. Hopefully this weekend, along with more work on the TIF challenge.







2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I love the picture below the snow hill, it looks like some strange snowy landscape.

Tree looks like it is coming on well

Lora Martin said...

This tree is intriguing. I look forward to checking back to see how it develops.