Saturday, January 05, 2008

One more day. . .

before I go back to work. Where has the time gone? I looked at a list I made at the start, and was pleasantly surprised that I've accomplished most of what I'd wanted to. And, I wasn't anticipating a five day trip to Reno when I wrote the list!

I finished the green faux suede shirt today, the first piece of clothing I have made in quite some time. Other than screwing up and putting the buttons and buttonholes on the wrong sides (from the female perspective, anyway!!), it turned out well.



I don't plan to wear it with a purple turtleneck, however!!

The tree is also coming along. The cheesecloth has been dyed and overdyed, and tonight I went at some of the redder areas with a Shiva paintstik. Next I will start pinning and stitching the cheesecloth to the painted batting.

And, I've done more thinking about the TIF chalenge. I don't think I'm going to focus on any individual, but rather on some of those attributes that I believe make a person admirable. I have a couple of ideas of how I can say that visually- while trying not to be "tragically literal", as Jane Sassaman so eloquently puts it. So, even though the challenge is outside my comfort zone, I've not even considered doing the colors, as others have chosen to do. Sometimes I think I am incapable of using a lot of bright colors in the winter. Since all I see are grays and browns, that seems to have a way of creeping into my work.

And, to end on a political note- the debates have been very interesting. But thus far, I've seen nothing to dissuade me from supporting Obama. He has a way of inspiring me that no one else even comes close to.

No comments: