Saturday, November 01, 2008

Seasick

No, I', not going in a cruise- I'm still working on my blue strip set quilt, which I have unofficially named Seasick. I needed to audition fabric for the sashing strips, so I pulled out my blues while taking care of laundry. I'd forgotten about this piece of sateen that I'd dyed several months ago. And, it is one of those rare larger pieces I've dyed, so it is big enough to do the job.

Here it is in color--



I wanted to check out my value distribution, so here it is in black and white. What did we ever do before digital cameras??



I think I will also play with moving the strip sets around, and see if one arrangement jumps out more than another. But at this point, I'm thinking that this background fabric will work just fine. What do you think???


No comments: